Epsom Salt by TOPCO Associates, LLC
Medically reviewed on June 8, 2017
Dosage form: granule, for solution
Ingredients: MAGNESIUM SULFATE HEPTAHYDRATE 1g in 1g
Labeler: TOPCO Associates, LLC
NDC Code: 36800-602
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Cut along dotted line and press zipper to reseal
Tamper Evident Packaging:
Caution: This package has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if package is open, torn or multiated
Magnesium sulfate USP ( Heptahydrate) 100%
Uses for Oral Laxative
- for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
For external use as a soaking aid for minor sprains and bruises.
Warnings for Soaking
CAUTION: If prompt relief is not obtained or there is evidence of infection, discontinue use and consult your physician. Hot or warm soaks should not be used by individuals with diabetes except on the advice of a physician. Keep out of reach of children.
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for a period longer than 1 week.
taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed recommended daily dosage
- drink a full glass (8 ounces) of liquid with each dose
- may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- dissolve the dose in 8 ounces of water. Lemon juice may be added to improve the taste
adults and children 12 years and over - 2 to 6 level teaspoons (10 to 30 grams) daily
children 6 to under 12 years - 1 to 2 level teaspoons (5 to 10 grams) daily
children under 6 years - consult a doctor
Directions for Soaking
Directions: Dissolve 2 cupfuls of this product per gallon of water. Apply with bandages or towelling for 30 minutes up to three times a day, or use as a soak or in bath. Use warm water for best results.
- magnesium content 495 mg per teaspoon (5 grams)
DISTRIBUTED BY TOPCO ASSOCIATES, LLC
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007
magnesium sulfate granule, for solution
|Labeler - TOPCO Associates, LLC (006935977)|
|Registrant - Vi-Jon (790752542)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.