Lansoprazole by P and L Development of New York Corporation
Medically reviewed on January 22, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, delayed release
Ingredients: LANSOPRAZOLE 15mg
Labeler: P and L Development of New York Corporation
NDC Code: 59726-019
Lansoprazole 15 mg
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole.
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor. Patients should use the lowest dose and shortest duration of this therapy.
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions, warnings, and package insert before use
- keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- keep product out of high heat and humidity
- protect product from moisture
colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C red No. 33, D&C yellow No. 10, FD&C blue No. 1, FD&C red No. 40, gelatin, hypromellose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sucrose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
*Compare to the active ingredient in Prevacid® 24HR
Heartburn Relief 24 Hour™
Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules, 15 mg
- May take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
- Clinically Proven To Treat Frequent Heartburn
KEEP OUTER CARTON AND PACKAGE INSERT. THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
TAMPER-EVIDENT BOTTLE: DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION” OR DARK BLUE TO BLACK GELATIN BAND AROUND THE CENTER OF EACH CAPSULE IS MISSING OR BROKEN.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc., owner of the registered trademark Prevacid®, or by Novartis Consumer Health, Inc., distributor of the Prevacid®24HR product.
Westbury, NY 11590
Product of India
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
|Labeler - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.