Acne Medication 5 by Rugby Laboratories
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: BENZOYL PEROXIDE 50mg in 1g
Labeler: Rugby Laboratories
NDC Code: 0536-4089
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl peroxide 5%
If swallowed get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Clean the skin thoroughly before applying this product
- Cover entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor
- Sensitivity Test for a New User: Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated above.
For external use only
Use twice daily or as directed by Physician.
Brij 30, carbomer, diisopropanolamine, disodium edetate, purified water
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
- treats acne
- dries up acne pimples
- helps prevent new acne pimples
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling or possible swetting. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration
- skin irritation and dryness are more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time
If irritation becomes severe
Store at room temperature 15 degrees to 30 degrees C (59 degrees to 86 degrees F)
For lot number and expiration date: See box or crimp of tube
|ACNE MEDICATION 5
benzoyl peroxide gel
|Labeler - Rugby Laboratories (191427277)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.