Mucinex DM by Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc.
Medically reviewed on March 23, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
Ingredients: Guaifenesin 600mg, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 30mg
Labeler: Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc.
NDC Code: 66715-9724
|Active ingredients |
(in each extended-release bi-layer tablet)
|Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 600 mg||Expectorant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
- for children under 12 years of age
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
- do not use more than directed
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not crush, chew, or break tablet
- take with a full glass of water
- this product can be administered without regard for timing of meals
- adults and children 12 years and older: 1 or 2 tablets every 12 hours; not more than 4 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
carbomer homopolymer type B; D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake; hypromellose, USP; magnesium stearate, NF; microcrystalline cellulose, NF; sodium starch glycolate, NF
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Product manufactured by:
Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Repackaged and distributed with permission of manufacturer by:
Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc., 1201 Continental Place NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide tablet, extended release
|Labeler - Lil' Drug Store Products, Inc. (093103646)|
|CCB Packaging Inc.||362374464||REPACK(66715-9724), RELABEL(66715-9724)|
|Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||832277599||MANUFACTURE(66715-9724)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.