Acetaminophen, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride
Medically reviewed on January 4, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: AAA Pharmaceutical, Inc.
NDC Code: 57344-123
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each caplet)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, and the common cold:
- sinus congestion and pressure
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- helps decongest sinus openings and passages
- promotes sinus drainage
- helps clear nasal passages
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
|adults and children 12 years and over||
|children under 12 years||
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F) in a dry place
- retain carton for complete product information
acesulfame potassium, colloidal silicon dioxide,croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, flavor, hypromellose, lactose, magnesium stearate, povidone, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
AAA Pharmaceutical, Inc.
681 Main Street
Lumberton, NJ 08048
†COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE
INGREDIENTS IN TYLENOL® SINUS
CONGESTION & PAIN - DAYTIME
See New Warnings
Information & Directions
CONGESTION & PAIN
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Nasal Decongestant
- Sinus Headache – Acetaminophen
- Nasal Congestion/Sinus Pressure – Phenylephrine HCl
|ACETAMINOPHEN, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE
acetaminophen and phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet, coated
|Labeler - AAA Pharmaceutical, Inc. (181192162)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.