STOOL SOFTENER by Care One (American Sales Company)
Medically reviewed on December 27, 2017
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: Care One (American Sales Company)
NDC Code: 41520-115
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 100 mg
- for the prevention of dry, hard stools
- for relief of occasional constipation. This product generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours.
- if you are currently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor
- when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present
- for longer than one week, unless directed by a doctor
you notice a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use
ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
adults and children 12 years and over: take 1- 2 capsules preferably at bedtime
- children 6 to 12 years of age: take 1 capsule at bedtime
- each capsule contains: sodium 6 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 15o - 30o C (59o- 86o F)
- do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing.
- *This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Pharma L.P., owner of the registered trademark Colace®
D&C Red #33, edible ink, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, sorbitol special and titanium dioxide. May also contain: FD&C blue #1 and purified water.
Compare to active ingredient of COLACE®*
Docusate sodium 100 mg
Distributed by: American Sales Company
4201 walden avenue, Lancaster, NY 14086
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Care One (American Sales Company) (809183973)|
|Registrant - P and L Development of New York Corporation (800014821)|