Anti-Diarrheal by CVS Pharmacy
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2mg
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 59779-520
Loperamide HCI 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect from light
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C Blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water.
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Compare to the active ingredient in Imodium® A-D†
LOPERAMIDE HCI SOFT GELATIN CAPSULES, 2 MG
Controls the symptoms of diarrhea
Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over
*Each liquid-filled capsule contains 2 mg loperamide hydrochloride
THIS PRODUCT IS PACKAGED IN A CHILD RESISTANT AND TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGE. USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
Product of U.S.A.
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, distributor of Imodium® A-D.
loperamide hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
Medically reviewed on Feb 21, 2017