Medically reviewed on May 15, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 4mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: Alternative Pharmacal Corporation
NDC Code: 53163-101
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients (in each 5 mL tsp) Purpose
Brompheniramine maleate 4 mg Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg Cough Suppressant
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg Nasal Decongestant
- temporarily relieves symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- itchy nose or throat
- runny nose
- itchy, water eyes
- nasal congestion
- temporarily controls cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with inhaled irritants
- temporarily restores freer breathing through nose
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product. Do not use on a child under 2 years of age.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- giving this product to children who are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Do not give this product to children who have a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis, or who have glaucoma, without first consulting the child's doctor.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- may cause drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drink
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness effect
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleeplessness
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,ask a health professional before use.
Directions Do not exceed more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period.
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||take 1 teaspoonfuls (5 mL) every 4 hours
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1/2 teaspoonfuls (2.5mL) every 4 hours
|children 2 years to under 6 years of age||ask a doctor
|children under 2 years of age||do not use
Inactive Ingredients citric acid, flavor, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, pruified water, sodium citrate, and sucralose
Questions or comments: 1-305-403-3788
Alternative Pharmacal Corp. Miami Fl 33147
brompheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Alternative Pharmacal Corporation (078528214)|