Aspirin by Rugby Laboratories Inc.
Medically reviewed on December 6, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: Rugby Laboratories Inc.
NDC Code: 0536-3086
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
* nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
(in each tablet)
Aspirin 81 mg
- Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
- For other uses, see your doctor, but do not use for more than 10 days without consulting your doctor because serious side effects may occur.
Reye’s Syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early signs of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy Alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach Bleeding Warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding.
The chances is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or non-prescription NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- take more or for longer time than directed
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever / fever reducer
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout or arthritis
- under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- taking any other drug
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any symptoms appear
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last three months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complication during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
DRINK A FULL GLASS OF WATER WITH EACH DOSE
- adults and children 12 years & older: take 4 or 8 tablets every 4 hours while symptoms last, but not more than 48 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
croscarmellose sodium, D&C Yellow # 10 (AL-lake), HPMC, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol/propylene glycol, PVP, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, corn starch, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Call 1-800-645-2158, 9am–5pm ET, Monday - Friday
|Labeler - Rugby Laboratories Inc. (191427277)|
|Registrant - Advance Pharmaceutical Inc. (078301063)|
|Advance Pharmaceutical Inc.||078301063||MANUFACTURE(0536-3086)|