Mineral Oil Lubricant Laxative
Dosage form: enema
Ingredients: MINERAL OIL 118mL in 118mL
NDC Code: 49348-006
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 118 mL delivered dose)
Mineral oil 100%
- for relief of occasional constipation
For rectal use only
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- notice a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative because this may indicate a serious condition
- you need to use a laxative for more than one week
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
Single daily dose
adults & children
12 years and over
|1 bottle once daily|
children 2 to under
|1/2 bottle once daily|
|do not use|
How to use this enema:
REMOVE GREEN PROTECTIVE SHIELD BEFORE INSERTING; HOLD BOTTLE UPRIGHT, GRASPING BOTTLE CAP WITH FINGERS. GRASP PROTECTIVE SHIELD WITH OTHER HAND AND PULL GENTLY TO REMOVE.
Left-side position: Lie on left side with knee bent and arms at rest.
Kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface. Position arms comfortably.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if person receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove enema tip from rectum.
- Retain enema in accordance with doctor's instructions.
- store at room temperature 20-25 deg C (68-77 deg F)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 2-15 minutes
- Sodium free lubricant laxative for relief of occasional constipation
- Comfortable, lubricated tip
- Works in minutes
- LATEX FREE
4.5 FL OZ (133 ml)
|MINERAL OIL LUBRICANT LAXATIVE
mineral oil enema
|Labeler - McKesson (177667227)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.