TRIAMINIC Night Time Cold and Cough
Medically reviewed on October 26, 2017
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: DIPHENHYDRAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE 6.25mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 0067-8106
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Diphenhydramine HCl 6.25 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
- temporarily relieves
itchy nose or throat
itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
nasal and sinus congestion
cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- in a child under 4 years of age
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- for the purpose of making your child sleepy
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with asthma
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- may cause marked drowsiness
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
- cough persists for more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- may be given every 4 hours. Do not give more than 6 doses in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- use enclosed dosing cup only. Keep for use with this product only. Do not use any other dosing device
children under 4 years of age
do not use
children 4 to under 6 years of age
do not use unless directed by a doctor
children 6 to under 12 years of age
2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL)
- each teaspoonful contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68°-77°F)
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavor, maltitol solution, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Child-Resistant Safety Cap.
Do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing.
Distr. by: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622 ©20xx
NIGHT TIME COLD AND COUGH
diphenhydramine hcl, phenylephrine hcl syrup
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. (879821635)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.