Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping
Medically reviewed on August 26, 2016
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 20mg in 1g, Zinc Acetate 1mg in 1g
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
NDC Code: 58232-0741
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
BENADRYL ITCH STOPPING CREAM
|Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 2%||Topical analgesic|
|Zinc acetate 0.1%||Skin protectant|
- temporarily relieves pain and itching associated with:
- insect bites
- minor burns
- minor skin irritations
- minor cuts
- rashes due to poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- dries the oozing and weeping of poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
For external use only.
Do not use
- on large areas of the body
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one taken by mouth
- on chicken pox
- on measles
When using this product avoid contact with eyes
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than directed
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
- protect from excessive heat (40°C/104°F)
cetyl alcohol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol monostearate 1000, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water
call toll-free 800-524-2624 (English/Spanish) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
Dist: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company
Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.
Skillman, NJ 08558
|BENADRYL EXTRA STRENGTH
diphenhydramine hydrochloride and zinc acetate cream
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (002347102)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.