nighttime cold and flu relief by Walgreen Company
Medically reviewed on Oct 4, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 325mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg, DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 6.25mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-1005
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
temporarily relieves common cold and flu symptoms:
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose and sneezing
- cough due to minor throat and broncial irritation
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 8 liquid caps in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning:If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- do not take more than 8 liquid caps in 24 hours
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 liquid caps with water every 6 hours
- children under 12 years: do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage.
- store at controlled room temperature 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
D&C yellow #10*, edible ink, FD&C blue #1*, FD&C green #3*, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, * contains one or more of these ingredients
|NIGHTTIME COLD AND FLU RELIEF
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, doxylamine succinate capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|