Aspirin by WALGREEN CO.
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: WALGREEN CO.
NDC Code: 0363-0414
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription) NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any pain reliever or fever reducer.
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
taking a prescription drug for
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- and allergic reaction occurs
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause prblems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours while symptoms persist. Do not exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºF (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, hypromellose, methacrylic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, shellac wax, simethicone, sodium bicarbonite, sodium lauryl sulfate. talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl cellulose
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDEDǂ
ENTERIC COATED • LOW DOSE
81 mg / Pain Reliever (NSAID)
ENTERIC COATED TABLETS
Compare to St. Joseph® Adult Low Strength Aspirin active ingredientǂǂ
NOT FOR HOUSEHOLDS WITHOUT CHILDREN
ǂWalgreens Pharmacist Survey Study, November 2012
ǂǂThis product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark St. Joseph® Adult Low Strength Aspirin.
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
aspirin tablet, coated
|Labeler - WALGREEN CO. (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(0363-0414)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0363-0414)|