Headache Relief Extra Strength
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 250mg, ASPIRIN 250mg, CAFFEINE 65mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-0751
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 250 mg
Aspirin 250 mg (NSAID)*
Caffeine 65 mg
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever aid
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- a cold
- muscular aches
- premenstrual and menstrual cramps
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin, or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have liver disease
- you have asthma
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- taking any other drug or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- have bloody or black stools
- vomit blood
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over
- take 2 gelcaps every 6 hours
- do not take more than 8 gelcaps in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid high humidity
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
corn starch, D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, shellac glaze, simethicone, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide
Compare to Excedrin® Extra Strength active ingredients††
ACETAMINOPHEN / ASPIRIN (NSAID) / PAIN RELIEVER
CAFFEINE / PAIN RELIEVER AID
EXTRA STRENGTH GELCAPS
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED
SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Walgreens Pharmacist Recommended
Walgreens Pharmacist Survey
††This product is not manufactured or distributed by Novartis
AG, owner of the registered trademark Excedrin® Extra Strength.
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.,
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED walgreens.com ©2018 Walgreen Co.
acetaminophen, aspirin, caffeine tablet
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(0363-0751)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(0363-0751)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(0363-0751)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(0363-0751)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 19, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.