Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 15, 2020.
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2mg
Labeler: ASSURED / DOLLAR TREE (Greenbrier International, Inc.)
NDC Code: 33992-0820
Loperamide HCI 2 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
- if you have bloody or black stool
- in children under 12 years of age
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- not for use in children under 12 years of age
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect from light
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
- do not use if carton or blister unit is open or torn
- see side panel for lot number and expiration date
butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C Blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water.
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
COMPARE TO ACTIVE INGREDIENT OF IMODIUM® A-D*
LOPERAMIDE HCI SOFT GELATIN CAPSULES, 2 MG
Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over
Controls the symptoms of diarrhea
**each liquid-filles capsule
contains 2 mg loperamide HCI
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals, distributor of Imodium® A-D.
THIS PRODUCT IS PACKAGED IN A CHILD RESISTANT AND TAMPER EVIDENT PACKAGE. USE ONLY IF BLISTERS ARE INTACT.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
GREENBRIER INTERNATIONAL, INC.
500 VOLVO PARKWAY, CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320
loperamide hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - ASSURED / DOLLAR TREE (Greenbrier International, Inc.) (610322518)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Anti-Diarrheal (loperamide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
- FDA Alerts (2)