Aspirin Low Dose by Valu Merchandisers Company
Medically reviewed on October 11, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 81mg
Labeler: Valu Merchandisers Company
NDC Code: 63941-397
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- for at least 7 days after tonsillectomy or oral surgery unless directed by a doctor
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- you have asthma
- you are taking a diuretic
taking a prescription drug for
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- feel faint
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years: do not use unless directed by a doctor
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
cherry flavor, corn starch, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, D&C red #30 aluminum lake, dextrates, sodium saccharin
COMPARE TO THE ACTIVE INGREDIENT OF BAYER® CHEWABLE LOW DOSE ASPIRIN†
CHEWABLE LOW DOSE
Aspirin 81 mg
Pain Reliever (NSAID)
Low Dose Chewable Aspirin
36 Tablets - 81 mg each
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Bayer® Chewable Low Dose Aspirin.
PROUDLY DISTRIBUTED BY:
VALU MERCHANDISERS, CO.
5000 KANSAS AVE.
KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
aspirin tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Valu Merchandisers Company (868703513)|
|LNK International, Inc.||038154464||PACK(63941-397)|
|LNK International, Inc.||832867894||MANUFACTURE(63941-397)|
|LNK International, Inc.||967626305||PACK(63941-397)|
|LNK International, Inc.||868734088||PACK(63941-397)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.