Pink Bismuth by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
Medically reviewed on September 19, 2018
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0603-0235
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg (each tablet contains 102mg salicylate)
- controls diarrhea
- relieves heartburn, indigestion, nausea and upset stomach without constipating
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- bloody or black stool
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of accidental overdose, contact a doctor or Poison Control Center immediately.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- Adults and Children 12 years and over: 525mg (2 tablets) every ½ to 1 hour or 1050mg (4 tablets) every hour as needed
- do not exceed 4200mg (16 tablets) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- Children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 1.1mg per tablet
- Calcium content per tablet: 73mg
- save carton for full directions and warnings
- store at room temperature 59°-86°F (15°-30°C)
- do not use if cellophane unit is torn
Aspartame, calcium carbonate, D&C red #27, dextrates, flavor, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide.
bismuth subsalicylate tablet, chewable
|Labeler - Qualitest Pharmaceuticals (011103059)|
|Registrant - A&Z Pharmaceutical, Inc. (926820705)|
|A&Z Pharmaceutical, Inc.||926820705||manufacture(0603-0235), label(0603-0235)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.