Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: CALCIUM POLYCARBOPHIL 625mg
Labeler: Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0603-0181
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Calcium Polycarbophil 625mg (equivalent to 500mg polycarbophil)
- relieves constipation
- helps restore and maintain regularity
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Choking: taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
Taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. All laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- do not use more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor
- do not take caplets more than 4 times in a 24 hour period unless directed by a doctor
- rectal bleeding occurs
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use of this or any other laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- take this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
- this product works naturally so continued use for 1 to 3 days is normally required to provide full benefit. Dosage may vary according to diet, exercise, previous laxative use or severity of constipation.
|Age||Recommended Dosage||Daily Maximum|
|Adults & children over 12||2 caplets once a day||Up to 4 times a day|
|Children under 12 years||Consult a doctor|
- store at 68°-77°F (20°-25°C)
- protect from excessive moisture
- do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing
- Each caplet contains 125mg calcium
caramel color, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, silicon dioxide, talc.
calcium polycarbophil tablet
|Labeler - Qualitest Pharmaceuticals (011103059)|
|Registrant - A&Z Pharmaceutical, Inc. (926820705)|
|A&Z Pharmaceutical, Inc.||926820705||manufacture(0603-0181), label(0603-0181)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.