Medically reviewed on Sep 14, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: CALCIUM POLYCARBOPHIL 500mg
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-2500
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Calcium polycarbophil 625 mg equivalent to 500 mg polycarbophil
Bulk-forming fiber laxative
- relieves occasional constipation to help restore and maintain regularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
- abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. All laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor
- do not take more than 8 caplets in a 24 hour period unless directed by a doctor
rectal bleeding occurs or if you fail to have a bowel movement after use of this or any other laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take each dose of this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See Choking warning.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in 24 hours
|age||recommended dose||daily maximum|
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||2 tablets||1 to 4 times a day|
|children under 12 years||consult a physician|
- each tablet contains: 140 mg calcium
- protect contents from moisture
- store at room temperature, USP
- do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing
caramel, crospovidone, hypromellose, magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil, polyethylene glycol, silica, sodium lauryl sulfate and stearic acid
To report side effects call: 1-800-616-2471
calcium polycarbophil tablet
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|