MAPAP Extra Strength by Major Pharmaceuticals
Medically reviewed on December 21, 2017
Dosage form: capsule
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: Major Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0904-1987
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredient (in each capsule)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
temporarily relieves minor aches and pains associated with the
- common cold
- muscular aches
- menstrual cramps
- reduction of fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 capsules in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy Alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
- rash. If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drugs containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms
Do not take more than directed (see overdose warning).
adults and children 12 years and over:
- take 2 capsules every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms last
- Do not take more than 8 capsules in 24 hours
- Do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
children under 12 years:
Do not use adult Extra Strength product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) of pain reliever and may cause liver damage
- store at room temperature, USP
- use by expiration date on package
- do not use if capsule band or imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing
FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, Gelatin, Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Pregelatinized Starch, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Stearic Acid and Titanium Dioxide
Adverse Drug Event Call: (800) 616-2471
*Major® Extra Strength Mapap® Capsules are not manufactured or distributed by McNeil Consumer Products, Co. distributor of Tylenol® Extra Strength Capsules.
Distributed by: MAJOR® PHARMACEUTICALS
17177 N Laurel Park Drive, Suite 233, Livonia, MI 48152
M-29 Rev 03/17 4050-03-17
|Labeler - Major Pharmaceuticals (191427277)|