Mucinex Sinus-Max Pressure and Pain
Dosage form: tablet, coated
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg, Guaifenesin 200mg, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5mg
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-200
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Pressure and Pain
|Active ingredients (in each caplet)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever|
|Guaifenesin 200 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves:
- nasal congestion
- minor aches and pains
- sinus congestion and pressure
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not use more than directed
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour period
- adults and children 12 years and older: take 2 caplets every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C yellow no.10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in England
PRESSURE & PAIN
Acetaminophen – Pain Reliever • Guaifenesin – Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl – Nasal Decongestant
- Relieves Sinus Pressure & Congestion
- Relieves Headache
- Thins & Loosens Mucus
FOR AGES 12+
PRESSURE AND PAIN
acetaminophen, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet, coated
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.