Alpha-Caine Topical Anesthetic
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 200mg in 1g
Labeler: Dental Technologies, Inc.
NDC Code: 55346-2903
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
For the temporary relief of occasional minor irritation and pain, associated with:
- Sore mouth and throat
- Minor dental procedures
- Needle punctures
- Minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
For external use only
Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
Do not use if you have a history of allergy to any “caine” anesthetics, such as benzocaine, butacaine, procaine or tetracaine.
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days, see your dentist or doctor promptly.
- for teething
- in children under 2 years of age
avoid contact with eyes
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact Poison Control Center right away.
do not exceed recommended dosage.
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: apply to affected area. Gargle, swish around in the mouth, or allow to remain in place at least 1 minute and then spit out. Use up to 4 times daily or as directed by dentist or doctor.
- children under 12 years of age: should be supervised in the use of the product.
- children under 2 years of age: do not use
Store at 59° to 86º F (15º to 30º C)
Blue 1*, flavor, PEG-8, PEG-75, Red 3*, Red 33*, Red 40*, sodium saccharin, Yellow 10*
*contains one or more of these ingredients.
1-800-835-0885 or 1-847-677-5500 M-F 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST.
|Labeler - Dental Technologies, Inc. (148312838)|
|Registrant - Dental Technologies, Inc. (148312838)|
|Dental Technologies, Inc.||148312838||manufacture(55346-2903), pack(55346-2903), label(55346-2903)|
Medically reviewed on Jul 11, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 17 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- FDA Alerts (4)
- Benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Benzocaine Lozenges
- Benzocaine Oral Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Ointment
- Benzocaine Oral Spray
- ... +8 more