Lansoprazole by Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
Dosage form: capsule, delayed release
Ingredients: Lansoprazole 15mg
Labeler: Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
NDC Code: 55111-739
Lansoprazole USP, 15 mg
- treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)
- not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to lansoprazole
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools.These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- liver disease
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- warfarin (blood-thinning medicine)
- prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines
- digoxin (heart medicine)
- theophylline (asthma medicine)
- tacrolimus (immune system medicine)
- atazanavir (medicine for HIV infection)
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect, although some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a days
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- read the directions, warnings and package insert before use
- keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information.
- store at 20° – 25°C (68° – 77° F)
- keep product out of high heat and humidity
- protect product from moisture
FD&C Blue No. 2, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, iron oxide black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, low substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium carbonate, methacrylic acid copolymer, polyethylene glycol 6000, polysorbate 80, sodium lauryl sulphate, starch (corn), sucrose, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited
Bachupally - 500 090 INDIA
lansoprazole capsule, delayed release
|Labeler - Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited (650562841)|
|Dr.Reddy's Laboratories Limited (FTO III)||918608162||manufacture(55111-739), analysis(55111-739)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 26, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.