Docusate Sodium by National Vitamin Company
Medically reviewed on June 28, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 250mg
Labeler: National Vitamin Company
NDC Code: 54629-601
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Docusate Sodium 250 mg
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- For the relief of occasional constipation.
- Helps to prevent dry, hard stools.
- This product generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours.
- If you are currently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor.
- When abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present.
- For longer than one week unless directed by a doctor.
if you notice a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of two weeks.
if you have rectal bleeding or you fail to have a bowel movement after use.
ask a healthcare professional before use.
|Adults and Children over 12 years of age||Take orally 1 softgel preferably at bedtime for
2-3 days or until bowel movements are normal, or as directed by a doctor.
|Children under 12 years of age||Do not use this product for children under 12 years of age, unless directed by a doctor.|
- Each softgel contains 13 mg of Sodium.
- Keep lid tightly closed.
- Store at room temperature between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
- Do not use if printed seal under cap is broken or missing.
- For identification purposes, each softgel will have an imprint that reads NV12.
FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, Gelatin, Glycerin, Ink (Edible), Polyethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Sorbitol
Call 1 (800) 682-9862
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - National Vitamin Company (102098324)|
|National Vitamin Company||102098324||MANUFACTURE(54629-601)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about docusate
- Docusate Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 16 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives