Childrens Mucinex Cough by Reckitt Benckiser LLC
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 5mg in 5mL, Guaifenesin 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-286
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Expectorant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- mL = milliliter
|children 6 years to under 12 years||5 mL – 10 mL every 4 hours|
|children 4 years to under 6 years||2.5 mL – 5 mL every 4 hours|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg
- tamper evident: do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Red #40, flavors, glycerin, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, trisodium citrate dihydrate, xanthan gum
- may contain this ingredient
You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Made in England
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin solution
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Medically reviewed on Sep 3, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Mucinex Children's Cough (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin)
- Mucinex Children's Cough Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (3)