kaiser permanente benzoyl peroxide
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BENZOYL PEROXIDE 5g in 100g
Labeler: Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
NDC Code: 0179-8705
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzoyl peroxide 5%
for the treatment of acne
For external use only
- have very sensitive skin
- are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, and mouth
- avoid contact with hair and dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- irritation becomes severe
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- shake well
- Sensitivity Test for a New User. Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow the directions stated below.
- wet area to be cleansed
- apply acne wash and gently massage area for 1-2 minutes
- rinse thoroughly and pat dry
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
- store at 20-25ºC (68-77ºF)
carbomer homopolymer, citric acid*, edetate disodium, glycerin, imidurea, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, purified water, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium hydroxide *may contain this ingredient
|KAISER PERMANENTE BENZOYL PEROXIDE
benzoyl peroxide liquid
|Labeler - Kaiser Foundation Hospitals (053052619)|
Medically reviewed on Nov 19, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.