The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Cold and Flu Formula
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10mg, Doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC - Consumer Care
NDC Code: 0280-1435
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each capsule)||Purposes|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg||Antihistamine|
|Phenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
- minor aches and pains
- nasal and sinus congestion
- sore throat
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 10 capsules in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- in children under 12 years of age
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than the recommended dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water every 4 hours.
Do not exceed 10 capsules in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
- children under 12 years: do not use
- store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, simethicone, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide
1-800-986-0369 (Mon-Fri 9 - 5 EST) or www.alkaseltzerplus.com
Bayer HealthCare LLC
P.O. Box 1910
Morristown, NJ 07962-1910
Acetaminophen / Pain reliever-fever
reducer • Dextromethorphan
hydrobromide / Cough suppressant • Doxylamine
succinate / Antihistamine • Phenylephrine HCl
COLD & FLU FORMULA
Nasal Congestion • Cough • Runny Nose
Headache & Body Ache • Sore Throat
20 LIQUID GELS (Liquid Filled Capsules)
NIGHT COLD AND FLU FORMULA
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, doxylamine succinate, and phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC - Consumer Care (785159372)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.