Pain Relief by Safetec of America, Inc.
Medically reviewed on May 10, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: benzocaine 200mg in 1g
Labeler: Safetec of America, Inc.
NDC Code: 61010-8100
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Benzocaine 20% (w/w)
Oral pain reliever
temporarily relieves pain caused by
- dental work
- minor irritation or injury of the mouth and gums
- canker sores
- cheek bites
- gum sores
- denture irritation
For oral use only. Avoid contact with eyes.
Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics, such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other “caine” anesthetics due to the possibility of anaphylactic shock.
Do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or doctor. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days; if irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens; or if swelling, rash, fever or other allergic reaction develops, see your doctor or dentist promptly. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
If more than used for pain relief is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 2 years and older: dry affected area and apply medication undiluted. Use up to 4 times daily, but not more than every two hours, or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- consult a dentist or doctor for use on children under 2 years of age
- children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of this product
- Do not use if packet is torn, cut, or opened
- Store at room temperature, 15º to 30ºC (59º to 86ºF)
- Avoid contact with eyes
PEG 400, PEG 3350, peppermint oil, sodium saccharin, sorbic acid
SAFETEC OF AMERICA, Inc.
Buffalo, NY 14215. 800-456-7077
Oral Pain Relief
Fast mouth sore relief for:
- Canker Sores
- Gum Pain
- Dental Work
Reorder No. 53117
|Labeler - Safetec of America, Inc. (874965262)|
|Safetec Of America, Inc.||874965262||MANUFACTURE(61010-8100)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- 17 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- Benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine Aerosol Spray
- Benzocaine Lozenges
- Benzocaine Oral Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Ointment
- Benzocaine Rectal Ointment
- ... +5 more