Extra Strength Mapap by McKesson Contract Packaging
Medically reviewed on January 10, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg
Labeler: McKesson Contract Packaging
NDC Code: 76237-102
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains due to:
- Muscular aches
- Minor pain of arthritis
- The common cold
- Premenstrual and menstrual cramps
Temporarily reduces fever.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- New symptoms occur
- Redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In the case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Do not take more than the directed
Adults and children 12 years and over:
- take 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms last
- do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
- Do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor
Children under 12 years: Do not use adult Extra Strength product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) of acetaminophen and may cause liver damage.
- Do not use if imprinted safety seal under cap is broken or missing.
- Store at room temperature
Povidone, Pregelatinized Starch, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Stearic Acid
Adverse Drug Event call (800) 616-2471
31778 Enterprise Drive
Livonia, MI 48150 USA
|EXTRA STRENGTH MAPAP
|Labeler - McKesson Contract Packaging (968953377)|
|Registrant - McKesson Packaging Services a business unit of McKesson Corporation (140529962)|
|McKesson Packaging Services a business unit of McKesson Corporation||140529962||REPACK(76237-102)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 49 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen Chewable Tablets
- ... +9 more