Miconazole Nitrate by Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Medically reviewed on May 2, 2018
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: Miconazole Nitrate 20mg in 1g
Labeler: Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
NDC Code: 51672-2035
Miconazole Nitrate USP 2% (100 mg per applicator)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only.
Do not use if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the prescription blood thinning medicine warfarin, because bleeding or bruising may occur
When using this product
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- if you do not get complete relief ask a doctor before using another product.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not get better after 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- before using this product read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- applicator: insert one applicatorful into the vagina at bedtime for 7 nights in a row. Wash applicator after use.
- use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina.
Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina (vulva).
Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- do not purchase if carton is opened
- do not use if seal over tube opening has been punctured or is not visible
To open: unscrew cap, use pointed end on cap to puncture seal
To close: screw cap back onto the tube
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- see carton or tube crimp for lot number and expiration date
Apricot Kernel Oil/PEG-6, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Mineral Oil, PEG-6-32 Stearate/Glycol Stearate, Purified Water and Benzoic Acid (0.20%) as a preservative
Hawthorne, NY 10532
Cures Most Vaginal Yeast Infections
and Relieves Associated External Itching and Irritation
7 Day Treatment
7 Day Vaginal Cream
Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Cream USP (2%)
(Miconazole Nitrate 100 mg per applicator)
One 45 g (1.5 oz) Tube Of Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Cream USP (2%)
& 1 Reusable Applicator
Educational Brochure Enclosed
miconazole nitrate cream
|Labeler - Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. (145186370)|
|Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc.||206263295||MANUFACTURE(51672-2035)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about miconazole topical
- Miconazole topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 1974 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Miconazole topical
- Miconazole vaginal
- Miconazole (Vaginal)
- Miconazole Cream and Ointment
- Miconazole Liquid
- ... +4 more