Docusate Sodium by Cardinal Health
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health
NDC Code: 55154-1485
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Docusate Sodium 100mg
- for the prevention of dry, hard stools
- for relief of occasional constipation.
- This product generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours.
Do not use
- if you are currently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor
- when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present
- for longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
This unit dose package is not child resistant and is Intended for Institutional Use Only.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
This package is intended for institutional use only.
Consult a physician before the use of this product.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age and over: take 1-3 softgels daily. This dose may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- Children 2 to under 12 years of age take 1 softgels daily
- Children under 2 years of age: Consult a physician
- each capsule contains: sodium 5 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F)
FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No.6, Gelatin, Bovine Bone, Glycerol Palm Free, Polyethylene Glycol 400 NF, Purified Water, Sorbitol Special 76%.
Aenova Holding GmbH
14193 SW 119th Ave.,
Miami, FL 33186-6013
McKesson Packaging Services
a business unit of McKesson Corporation
7101 Weddington Road
Concord, NC 28027
Validated with McKesson's PROmanager-Rx Automated storage & dispensing system for Package-Ready Oral solids
Dublin, OH 43017
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (603638201)|
Medically reviewed on Sep 27, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about docusate
- Docusate Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 17 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives
- FDA Alerts (2)