Docusate Sodium by Cardinal Health
Medically reviewed on March 14, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 100mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health
NDC Code: 55154-1485
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Docusate Sodium 100mg
- for the prevention of dry, hard stools
- for relief of occasional constipation.
- This product generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours.
Do not use
- if you are currently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor
- when abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present
- for longer than 1 week unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding
- you fail to have a bowel movement after use
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
This package is intended for institutional use only.
Consult a physician before the use of this product.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: take 1-2 capsules, preferably at bedtime
- Children 6-12 years of age: take 1 capsule at bedtime
- each capsule contains: sodium 5 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F)
FD&C red #40, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol and sorbitol special. May also contain: D&C yellow #10, FD&C yellow #6 and purified water.
Mfg. By: Swiss Caps USA Inc., Miami, FL 33186
McKesson Packaging Services
a business unit of McKesson Corporation
7101 Weddington Road
Concord, NC 28027
Validated with McKesson's PROmanager-Rx Automated storage & dispensing system for Package-Ready Oral solids
Repackaged by Cardinal Health
Zanesville, OH 43701
docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (188557102)|
More about docusate
- Docusate Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 16 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives