Ibuprofen by Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
Medically reviewed on March 30, 2018
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: IBUPROFEN 200mg
Labeler: Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 0536-3603
Solubilized Ibuprofen equal to 200mg Ibuprofen (NSAID)*
(present as the free acid and potassium salt)
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain Releiver/ Fever Reducer
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
Headache, muscle aches, minor pain of arthritis, toothache, backache, the common cold, menstrual cramps
Temporarily reduces fever.
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a sever allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use an seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This prdut contains and NSAID which may cause sever stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or oder
- have had stomach ulders or bleeding problems
- take blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescritpion or non-prescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this prdouct
- take more or for a longer time than directed.
- if you ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- right before or after heart surgery
- the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic.
- under a doctor's care for any serious condition
- taking aspirin for heart attack or stroke, because ibuprofen may decrease this benefit of aspirin
- taking any other drug.
- take with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
- the risk of heart attack or stroke may increase ifyou use more than directed or for longer than directed.
You experience any of the followig signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stoolos
- have stomach pain that does not bet better
Pain gets worse or last more than 10 days
Fever gets worse or last more than 3 days
Stomach pain or upset gets worse or lasts
Redness or swelling is presentin the painful area
Any new symptoms appear
ask a health professional before use. it is especially important not to use ibuprofen druing the last 3 months of pegnancy unless defintely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not take more than directed
The smallest effective dose should be used
Adults and children 12 years and over:
take 1 capsule every 4 to 5 hours while symptoms persist
if pain or fever does not respond to 1 capsule, 2 capsules may be used.
do not exceed 6 capsules in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
children under 12 years: ask a doctor
each capsule contains
read all warnings and directions before use
store at 20-25C (68-77F)
avoid excessive heat above 40c (104F). Protect from light.
do not use if Tamper-Evident seal under bottle cap imprented with "Sealed for Your Protection" is broken or missing.
FD&C blue #1, gelatin, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, potassium hydroxide, purified water, sorbitan, and sorbitol
Call 1-800-645-2158, 9am - 5pm ET, Monday - Friday
Rugby Laboratories, Inc. is not affiliated with the owner of the registered trademark Advil (r). Rugby Ibuprofen is distributed by Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
Duluth, Georgia 30097
ibuprofen capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Rugby Laboratories, Inc. (109178264)|
|P and L Development of New York Corporation||800014821||relabel, repack|
|Banner Pharmacaps Inc||002193829||manufacture|
More about ibuprofen
- Ibuprofen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 127 Reviews
- Drug class: Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Ibuprofen injection
- Ibuprofen Tablets
- Ibuprofen Capsules
- Ibuprofen Chewable Tablets
- ... +6 more