Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Larken Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 68047-143
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(In each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Brompheniramine Maleate, USP 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg
Brompheniramine Maleate Antihistamine
Dextromethorphan HBr Antitussive (cough suppressant)
Phenylephrine HCl Nasal decongestant
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use
- to sedate a child or make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this drug.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- a cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- taking any other nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur.
- cough or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Do not exceed 6 doses in a 24-hour period
|Adults and children over 12 years of age:||4 teaspoonsful (20 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age:||2 teaspoonsful (10 mL) every 4 hours|
|Children under 6 years of age:||Ask your doctor|
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- very low sodium, contains 1 mg sodium per teaspoonful (5 mL)
Benzoic acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Red #40, propylene glycol, purified water saccharin sodium, sorbitol solution and strawberry flavoring
Call 1-888-527-5522 weekdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CST or go to http://www.larkenlabs.com.
brompheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Larken Laboratories, Inc. (149484540)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 12, 2017
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine
- Brompheniramine/dextromethorphan/phenylephrine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (1)