Medically reviewed on March 14, 2018.
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: Benzocaine 20mL in 100g, Zinc Chloride 0.1g in 100g
Labeler: Blistex Inc.
NDC Code: 10157-9493
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Tooth & Gum Pain Gel
|Benzocaine 20.0% (w/w)||Oral anesthetic/analgesic|
|Zinc Chloride 0.1% (w/w)||Oral astringent|
- for the temporary relief of pain due to toothaches, canker sores, minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances, or minor injury of the mouth or gums
For oral use only
do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other "caine" anesthetics.
When using this product
do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or doctor. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days; if irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens; or if swelling, rash or fever develops, see your doctor or dentist promptly. Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Keep out of reach of children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- twist base clockwise to dispense. It may take up to 10 full turns to dispense the initial dose, but subsequent uses should require less than 1 turn.
- to clean brush tip, rinse with cold water
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: dry affected area and apply medication by gently brushing the affected area.
- use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor
- children under 2 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor
- children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of this product
- do not purchase if package has been opened
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- replace cap after use to prevent drying
- avoid contact with the eyes
- this is a personal care item, and should be used by one individual only
- with zinc chloride, some color may be evident; this is normal
butylparaben, ethylparaben, flavors, glycerin, methylparaben, PEG-8, PEG-75, propylparaben, silica, sucralose
Tooth & Gum Pain Gel
ORAL ANESTHETIC / ORAL ASTRINGENT
Maximum Pain Relief
Easy Reach Design
Ultra Soft Tip
0.07 OZ (2.0 g)
benzocaine and zinc chloride gel
|Labeler - Blistex Inc. (005126354)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.