Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: Benzocaine 20g in 100g, Zinc Chloride 0.1g in 100g
Labeler: Blistex Inc.
NDC Code: 10157-9493
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Tooth & Gum Pain Gel
|Benzocaine 20.0% (w/w)||Oral anesthetic/analgesic|
|Zinc Chloride 0.1% (w/w)||Oral astringent|
- for the temporary relief of pain due to toothaches, canker sores, minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances, or minor injury of the mouth or gums
Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a rare but serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
For oral use only
do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other "caine" anesthetics.
- do not use this product for more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or doctor. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days; if irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens; or if swelling, rash or fever develops, see your doctor or dentist promptly.
- do not exceed recommended dosage.
Keep out of reach of children.
If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- twist base clockwise to dispense. It may take up to 10 full turns to dispense the initial dose, but subsequent uses should require less than 1 turn.
- to clean brush tip, rinse with cold water
- adults and children 2 years of age and older: dry affected area and apply medication by gently brushing the affected area.
- use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor
- children under 12 years of age should be supervised in the use of this product
- children under 2 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor
- do not purchase if package has been opened
- replace cap after use to prevent drying
- avoid contact with the eyes
- this is a personal care item, and should be used by one individual only
- with zinc chloride, some color may be evident; this is normal
butylparaben, ethylparaben, flavors, glycerin, methylparaben, PEG-8, PEG-75, propylparaben, silica, sucralose
Tooth & Gum Pain Gel
Maximum Pain Relief
Easy Reach Design
Ultra Soft Tip
0.07 oz. (2.0 g)
benzocaine and zinc chloride gel
|Labeler - Blistex Inc. (005126354)|
Medically reviewed on Nov 26, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.