Medically reviewed on March 9, 2018
Dosage form: capsule
Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15mg, Guaifenesin 390mg, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 10mg
Labeler: Poly Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 50991-583
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each capsule)
Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg
Guaifenesin 390 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs fro depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that last or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- cough, or nasal congestion persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
|Adults and children|
12 years of age
|1 capsule every 4 hours, not to
exceed 6 capsules in 24 hours.
12 years of age:
|Consult a physician.
Supplied in a tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant cap.
Deconex DM Capsules are purple-yellow capsules imprinted "Deconex DM" in black ink.
Contains color additives including FD&C Yellow No. 5 (tartrazine).
Quitman, MS 39355
1 (800) 882-1041
Principal display panel and side panel for 60 capsules label:
COUGH SUPPRESSANT · EXPECTORANT
Each capsule contains:
Dextromethorphan HBr............................15 mg
Phenylephrine HCl..................................10 mg
Tamper evident by foil seal under cap.
Do not use if foil seal is broken or missing.
Quitman, MS 39355
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hydrochloride capsule
|Labeler - Poly Pharmaceuticals (198449894)|
|Registrant - Great Southern Laboratories (056139553)|
|Great Southern Laboratories||056139553||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Deconex DM (dextromethorphan / guaifenesin / phenylephrine)
- Deconex DM Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations