Gentle Laxative by Cardinal Health
Medically reviewed on Feb 1, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: Cardinal Health
NDC Code: 37205-128
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl 5 mg
- for temporary relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
if you cannot swallow without chewing
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- it may cause stomach discomfort, faintness or cramps
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
take with a glass of water
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1 to 3 tablets in a single daily dose|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||take 1 tablet in a single daily dose|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
- each tablet contains: sodium less than 0.5mg
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from excessive humidity
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Blister packaged for your protection. Do not use if individual seals are broken
acacia, anhydrous calcium sulfate, anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, gelatin, iron oxide, iron oxide black, iron oxide yellow, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol (PEG) 400, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, shellac, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide.
Call 1-800-200-6313, weekdays, 9am-4pm EST
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
Leader Gentle Laxative
Overnight Relief of Constipation and Irregularity
*Compare to the active ingredient of Dulcolax®
Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
25 Coated Tablets
Dublin Ohio 43017
|Labeler - Cardinal Health (097537435)|
More about Gentle Laxative (bisacodyl)
- Gentle Laxative Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: laxatives