Pepto-Bismol by The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Medically reviewed on March 12, 2018
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 525mg in 30mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-032
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
in each 30 mL dose cup
Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- traveler's diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink including:
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake well before use
- use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
1 dose (30 ml or 2 Tbsp) every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses (240 ml or 16 Tbsp) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
each Tbsp contains: magnesium 25 mg, sodium 8 mg
- salicylate 261 mg
- low sodium
- protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if imprinted shrinkband is missing or broken.
benzoic acid, flavor, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, red 22, red 28, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, water
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202
bismuth subsalicylate suspension
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.