Pepto-Bismol by The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 525mg in 30mL
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-475
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 525 mg
Upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- travelers' diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake well before use
- for accurate dosing, use dose cup or tablespoon (TBSP)
- adults and children 12 years and over:
1 dose (30 mL or 2 TBSP) every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses (240 mL or 16 TBSP) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each 30 mL contains: magnesium 25mg, sodium 8 mg
- salicylate 236 mg
- low sodium
- protect from freezing
- avoid excessive heat (over 104°F or 40°C)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: Do not use if imprinted shrinkband is missing or broken.
benzoic acid, D&C Red No.22, D&C Red No.28, flavor, magnesium aluminum silicate, methylcellulose, saccharin sodium, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucralose, water
Dist. by Procter & Gamble,
Cincinnati OH 45202
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Medically reviewed on Mar 12, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.