Cetirizine Hydrochloride by Amneal Pharmaceuticals of New York, LLC
Medically reviewed on March 5, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Amneal Pharmaceuticals of New York, LLC
NDC Code: 65162-003
Antihistamine/ Hives Relief
*Compared to Children’s Zyrtec® active ingredient
(in each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Cetirizine HCl 5 mg
relieves itching due to hives (urticaria). This product will not prevent hives or a allergic skin reaction from occurring.
Severe Allergy Warning: Get emergency help immediately if you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
- trouble swallowing
- swelling of tongue
- trouble speaking
- wheezing or problems breathing
- dizziness or loss of consciousness
- swelling in or around the mouth
The symptoms may be signs of anaphylactic shock. This condition can be life threatening if not treated by a health professional immediately. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock may occur when hives first appear or up to a few hours later.
Not a substitute for Epinephrine. If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injection for “anaphylaxis” or severe allergy symptoms that could occur with your hives, never use this product as a substitute for the epinephrine injector. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
Do not use
- to prevent hives from any known cause such as:
- insect stings
- latex or rubber gloves
because this product will not stop hives from occurring. Avoiding the cause of your hives is the only way to prevent them. Hives can sometimes be serious. If you do not know the cause of your hives, see your doctor for a medical exam. Your doctor may be able to help you find a cause
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
- hives that are an unusual color, look bruised or blistered
- hives that do not itch
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using this product
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor
- if an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- symptoms do not improve after 3 days of treatment
- the hives have lasted more than 6 weeks
If pregnant or breastfeeding:
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help of contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- use only with enclosed dosing cup
- find right dose on chart below
- mL = milliliter
|adults and children 6 years and over|| 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) or 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) once daily depending upon severity of symptoms;
do not take more than 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) in 24 hours.
|adults 56 years and over||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) once daily; do not take more than 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) in 24 hours.|
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor|
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor|
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF NECKBAND IMPRINTED “SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION” IS BROKEN OR MISSSING.
Sucrose, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Acetate, Glacial Acetic Acid, Artificial Grape Flavor, Purified Water.
Monday through Friday 9AM – 5PM EST.
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by McNeil-PPC, Inc., distributor of Zyrtec® . Zyrtec® is a registered trademark of UCB Pharma, S.A.
Distributed by: Amneal Pharmaceuticals
Glasgow, KY 42141
|Labeler - Amneal Pharmaceuticals of New York, LLC (123797875)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about cetirizine
- Cetirizine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 167 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Cetirizine Capsules and Tablets
- Cetirizine Chewable Tablets
- Cetirizine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Cetirizine Syrup