BD E-Z Scrub by Becton Dickinson and Company
Medically reviewed on February 14, 2018
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Povidone-Iodine 50mg in 1mL
Labeler: Becton Dickinson and Company
NDC Code: 17271-503
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Povidone-lodine 6.5% w/w (minimum available Iodine 0.5%)
- surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
For external use only.
Do not use if redness or irritation occurs
When using this product avoid contact with eyes
Stop use and ask a doctor If severe adverse reactions occur
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed or gets in eyes, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Surgical Hand Scrub
- Wet hands and forearms with warm water
- Use nail cleaner and then apply solution from the sponge side to work up a lather
- Scrub thoroughly for 3 minutes: difficult areas (interdigital space and fingers) with brush side, hands and forarms with sponge side
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Repeat scrub for 3 minutes, sponge side only
- Rinse hands and arms thoroughly
- Dry thoroughly
Health Care Personnel Handwash
- Dispense about 5 ml of foam solution into cupped hands
- Wash in a vigorous manner covering all surfaces for 30 seconds
- Rinse thoroughly with running water (30 seconds)
avoid excessive heat above 104°F (40°C)
ammonium nonoxynol sulfate, disodium phosphate, hydrogen peroxide, octoxynol, phosphoric acid, sodium hydroxide, water
|BD E-Z SCRUB
|Labeler - Becton Dickinson and Company (124987988)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.