povidine iodine by Dynarex Corporation
Medically reviewed on February 12, 2018
Dosage form: swab
Ingredients: POVIDONE-IODINE 10mL in 100mL
Labeler: Dynarex Corporation
NDC Code: 67777-301
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredient Purpose
Povidone Iodine 10% v/v Antiseptic
- First aid antiseptic to help prevent skin infection in minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- For preparation of the skin prior to surgery.
- Helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infections.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- As a first aid antiseptic for more than 1 week.
- In the eyes.
- Over large areas of the body.
- Deep puncture wounds
- Animal bites
- Serious burns
- If irritation and redness develop
- If condition persists for more than 72 hours, consult a physician.
Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
Tear at notch, remove applicator, use only once.
As a first aid antiseptic
- clean affected area
- apply 1 to 3 times daily
- may be covered with a sterile bandage, if bandaged let dry.
For preoperative patient skin preparation
- clean area
- apply to operative site prior to surgery using the applicator
Store at room temperature.
Avoid excessive heat
For use as an
- first aid antiseptic
- pre-operative skin preperation
Inactive ingredients: citric acid, glycerol, nonoxynol-10, sodium hydroxide, water
povidine iodine swab
|Labeler - Dynarex Corporation (008124539)|
|Registrant - Dynarex Corporation (008124539)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about povidone iodine topical
- Povidone iodine topical Side Effects
- Pricing & Coupons
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides