Hemorrhoidal by Valu Merchandisers, Co.
Medically reviewed on May 31, 2018
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: MINERAL OIL 14g in 100g, PETROLATUM 71.9g in 100g, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 0.25g in 100g
Labeler: Valu Merchandisers, Co.
NDC Code: 63941-161
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue and relieves burning
- temporarily provides a coating for relief of anorectal discomforts
- temporarily protects the inflamed, irritated anorectal surface to help make bowel movements less painful
For external use only
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor.
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- introduction of applicator into the rectum causes additional pain
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying ointment.
- when first opening tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- intrarectal use: remove cover form applicator and attach tube, lubricate applicator well, then gently insert applicator into the rectum - thoroughly cleanse applicator after each use and replace cover
- also apply ointment to external area
- regular use provides continual therapy for relief of symptoms
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
Store at 20
o to 25
o to 77
beeswax, benzoic acid, BHT, cocoa butter, cod liver oil, glycerin, lanolin, methylparaben, paraffin, propylparaben, purified water, squalane, thyme oil, tocopherol acetate
Mineral oil 14%
Phenylephrine HCL 0.25%
mineral oil,petrolatum,phenylephrine ointment
|Labeler - Valu Merchandisers, Co. (868703513)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Hemorrhoidal (phenylephrine topical)
- Hemorrhoidal Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: anorectal preparations