Kaopectate Regular Strength Vanilla Flavor Anti Diarrheal
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg in 15mL
Labeler: Physicians Total Care, Inc.
NDC Code: 54868-2298
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
Upset stomach reliever
- relieves diarrhea
- relieves nausea and upset stomach associated with this symptom
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
shake well immediately before each use
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 30 mL or 2 tablespoonfuls
- for accurate dosing, use convenient pre-measured dose cup
- repeat dose every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- each 15 mL tablespoonful contains: sodium 4 mg
- each 15 mL tablespoonful contains: total salicylates 130 mg
- do not use if inner seal is broken or missing
- low sodium
caramel, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, flavor, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucrose, water, xanthan gum (245-241)
Dist. by CHATTEM, INC.
P.O. Box 2219
Chattanooga, TN 37409 USA
© 2008 Chattem, Inc.
Made in Canada
Additional barcode labeling by:
Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
|KAOPECTATE REGULAR STRENGTH VANILLA FLAVOR ANTI DIARRHEAL
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - Physicians Total Care, Inc. (194123980)|
|Physicians Total Care, Inc.||194123980||relabel|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.