Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 525mg in 15mL
Labeler: Seyer Pharmatec, Inc.
NDC Code: 11026-2639
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredients(in each 15mL - 1 tablespoonful) ......................................... Purpose
Bismuth Subsalicylate 525 mg ..................................................... Upset stomach reliever/ antidiarrheal
- upset stomach
Reyes's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergies alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- Allergic to salicylates(including aspirin)
- Taking other salicylate products
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
- taking any drug for: anticoagulation (thinning the blood), diabetes, gout, arthritis
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Shake well before each use
- For accurate dosing, use dose cup
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (2 tbsp or 30 ml) every hour as needed. Do not exceed 4 doses (8 tbsp or 120 ml) in 24 hours. Use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days. Children under 12 years: ask a doctor.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
Stop use ans ask a doctor if:
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea last more than 2 days
- store at room temperature
- contains 198.7 mg / 15 ml of salicylate
Active Ingredients: magnesium aluminum silicate, kaolin, xanthan gum, sodium saccharin, potassium sorbate, sodium propionate, caramel color, methylparaben, natural banana flavor, glycerine and water.
Questions and/or comments, please call (888) 782-3585
Seyer Pharmatec, Inc.
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00970
bismuth subsalicylate liquid
|Labeler - Seyer Pharmatec, Inc. (832947126)|
|Registrant - Seyer Pharmatec, Inc. (832947126)|
|Sonar Products, Inc.||104283945||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.