ACEPHEN by G&W Laboratories, Inc.
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 650mg
Labeler: G&W Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 0713-0165
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
• reduces fever
• relieves minor aches, pains, and headache
For rectal use only
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
• an adult or child 12 years and older takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
• taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• an adult takes 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
• in children under 12 years
• if you are allergic to acetaminophen
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
• you have liver disease
• you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• fever lasts more than 3 days (72 hours), or recurs
• pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
• new symptoms occur
• redness or swelling is present in the painful area
These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed or in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical in case of overdose for adults and for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
• do not use more than directed
• remove foil wrapper
• carefully insert suppository well up into rectum
• adults and children 12 years and older
• 1 suppository every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persist
• do not exceed 6 doses in any 24-hour period
• children under 12 years: do not use
• store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
glyceryl stearate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, polyethylene glycol 100 stearate, sorbitan monooleate
|Labeler - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|Registrant - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|G&W Laboratories, Inc.||001271188||MANUFACTURE(0713-0165)|
Medically reviewed on Jan 14, 2019
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Acephen (acetaminophen)
- Acephen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- FDA Alerts (14)