ACEPHEN by G&W Laboratories, Inc.
Medically reviewed on January 12, 2018
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 120mg
Labeler: G&W Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 0713-0118
Acetaminophen 120 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
• reduces fever
• relieves minor aches, pains, and headache
For rectal use only
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child inserts
• more than 5 suppositories in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
• if your child is allergic to acetaminophen
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• fever lasts more than 3 days (72 hours), or recurs
• you need to use this product for pain for more than 5 days continuously
Severe or recurrent pain, or high or continued fever may indicate a serious illness.
If swallowed or in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical in case of overdose for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
This product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
• do not use more than directed
• remove foil wrapper
• insert suppository well up into rectum
• children 3-6 years
• 1 suppository every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persist
• do not exceed 5 suppositories in any 24-hour period
• children under 3 years: ask a doctor
• for your safety, suppositories are packaged in tamper-evident sealed foil. Do not use if foil is torn or open.
• store at 8˚-25˚C (46˚-77˚F)
butylated hydroxyanisole, butylated hydroxytoluene, glyceryl stearate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, polyethylene glycol 100 stearate, polysorbate 80
Monday-Friday 9am-4pm EST
|Labeler - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|Registrant - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|G&W Laboratories, Inc.||001271188||MANUFACTURE(0713-0118)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Acephen (acetaminophen)
- Acephen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics