ACEPHEN by G&W Laboratories, Inc.
Medically reviewed on April 14, 2017
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg
Labeler: G&W Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 0713-0164
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
• reduces fever
• relieves minor aches, pains, and headache
For rectal use only
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
• a child 6 to 12 years takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours
• an adult or child 12 years and older takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
• taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• an adult takes 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
• in children under 6 years
• if you are allergic to acetaminophen
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
• you have liver disease
• you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• fever lasts more than 3 days (72 hours), or recurs
• new symptoms occur
• pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
• redness or swelling is present in the painful area
These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed or in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical in case of overdose for adults and for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
• do not use more than directed
• remove foil wrapper
• insert suppository well up into rectum
|children under 6 years||do not use|
|children 6-12 years||1 suppository every 4 to 6 hours (maximum of 5 doses in 24 hours)|
|adults and children 12 years and older||2 suppositories every 4 to 6 hours (maximum of 6 doses)|
• store at room temperature 15˚-30˚C (59˚-86˚F)
• do not use if imprinted suppository wrapper is opened or damaged
glyceryl stearate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, polyethylene glycol 100 stearate, sorbitan monooleate
|Labeler - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|Registrant - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|G&W Laboratories, Inc.||001271188||MANUFACTURE(0713-0164)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Acephen (acetaminophen)
- Acephen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics