ACEPHEN by G&W Laboratories, Inc.
Medically reviewed on April 14, 2017
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg
Labeler: G&W Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 0713-0164
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
• reduces fever
• relieves minor aches, pains, and headache
For rectal use only
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
• a child 6 to 12 years takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours
• an adult or child 12 years and older takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
• taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• an adult takes 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use
• in children under 6 years
• if you are allergic to acetaminophen
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
• you have liver disease
• you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• fever lasts more than 3 days (72 hours), or recurs
• new symptoms occur
• pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
• redness or swelling is present in the painful area
These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed or in case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical in case of overdose for adults and for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
• do not use more than directed
• remove foil wrapper
• insert suppository well up into rectum
|children under 6 years||do not use|
|children 6-12 years||1 suppository every 4 to 6 hours (maximum of 5 doses in 24 hours)|
|adults and children 12 years and older||2 suppositories every 4 to 6 hours (maximum of 6 doses)|
• store at room temperature 15˚-30˚C (59˚-86˚F)
• do not use if imprinted suppository wrapper is opened or damaged
glyceryl stearate, hydrogenated vegetable oil, polyethylene glycol 100 stearate, sorbitan monooleate
|Labeler - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|Registrant - G&W Laboratories, Inc. (001271188)|
|G&W Laboratories, Inc.||001271188||MANUFACTURE(0713-0164)|
More about Acephen (acetaminophen)
- Acephen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics