The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Tums Dual Action
Dosage form: tablet, chewable
Ingredients: FAMOTIDINE 10mg, CALCIUM CARBONATE 800mg, MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 165mg
Labeler: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare LP
NDC Code: 0135-0482
(in each chewable tablet)
Calcium carbonate 800mg
Magnesium hydroxide 165mg
relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
Do not use if you are allergic to famotidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See you doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating, or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- do not swallow tablet whole: chew completely
- to relieve symptoms, chew 1 tablet before swallowing
- do not use more than 2 chewable tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each tablet contains: calcium 320mg; magnesium 65mg
- Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine 2.2mg per tablet
- read the directions and warnings before use
- read the bottle label. It contains important information.
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from moisture
aspartame, D&C red no. 7 calcium, dextrates, FD&C blue no. 1 lake, FD&C red no. 40 lake, flavor, glyceryl monostearate, lactose anhydrous, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyacrylate dispersion, polysorbate 80, povidone, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, talc
call toll-free 1-800-897-7535 (English/Spanish) weekdays
Famotidine 10mg/Calcium Carbonate 800mg
Magnesium Hydroxide 165mg Tablets
JUST ONE TABLET
relieves heartburn due to acid indigestion
50 CHEWABLE TABLETS
Tips For Managing Heartburn
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
DO NOT USE IF PRINTED FOIL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Consumer Healthcare, L.P.
Moon Township, PA 15108
famotidine, calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide tablet, chewable
|Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare LP (828924212)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.