Pedia-Lax by C.B. Fleet Company, Inc.
Dosage form: enema
Ingredients: SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC, HEPTAHYDRATE 3.5g in 66mL, sodium phosphate, monobasic 9.5g in 66mL
Labeler: C.B. Fleet Company, Inc.
NDC Code: 0132-0202
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 9.5 g, Saline Laxative
Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 3.5 g, Saline Laxative
For relief of occasional constipation.
For rectal use only
Using more than one enema in 24 hours can be harmful. Do not use without asking a doctor:
- for more than 3 days
- if your child has kidney disease
- if your child has heart problems
- if your child is dehydrated
- is on a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor before using any laxative if your child has
- abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits lasting more than 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for more than 1 week
- rectal bleeding
- no bowel movement or no liquid comes out of the child's rectum after 30 minutes
- symptoms of dehydration (feeling thirsty, dizziness, vomiting or urinating less often than normal)
These symptoms may indicate a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Single Daily Dosage (per 24 hours)
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
Do not use if child is taking another sodium phosphates product.
|children 5 to 11 years||1 bottle per day or as directed by a doctor|
|children 2 to under 5 years||one-half bottle per day (see below)|
|children under 2 years||DO NOT USE|
One-half bottle prepararation: Unscrew cap and remove 2 tablespoons of liquid with a measuring spoon. Replace cap and follow "How to use this enema" directions.
- each 59-mL delivered dose contains: sodium 2.2 g
- additional liquids by mouth are recommended while taking this product
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 1-5 minutes
- BOTTLE SEALED FOR SAFETY. IF BOTTLE WRAPPER WITH FLEET EMBLEM IS TORN, DAMAGED OR MISSING, DO NOT USE
- for complete professional use warnings and precautions, consult the Reference Safety Information on our website
benzalkonium chloride, disodium EDTA, purified water
sodium phosphate, dibasic and sodium phosphate, monobasic enema
|Labeler - C.B. Fleet Company, Inc. (003119054)|
|C.B. Fleet Company, Inc.||003119054||manufacture(0132-0202)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.